Famous Hungarian soups
Hungarian bean soup with sausage
Ingredients300 g white bean
100 g parsnip
150 g carrot
3-4 cloves garlic
1 tbsp oil
30 g flour
300 g Hungarian paprika sausage
1/2 tsp Hungarian paprika powder
salt to taste.
For "csipetke" 100 g flour, 1 egg and a pinch of salt.
Instructions1. Select beans and soak overnight.
2. Remove casing from smoked sausage (soak in fresh water for 15 minutes).
3. Wash the ribs.
4. Cook beans in fresh water.
5. After 15 minutes add the parsnip and carrot rings and salt.
6. After 30 minutes add the Hungarian sausage.
7. When tender put the "csipetke" pasta.
8. In a separate pan make a roux with the oil, the flour and the chopped garlic. Dash with paprika powder and add a little water, stirring continuosly.
9. Stir the thickening into the soup.
10. Cook about 10 minutes (when csipetke is tender).
11. Cut the Hungarian sausage into small rings and put it back into the soup.
ServingServe with sour cream, crispy fresh bread, vinegar and hot Hungarian paprika.
More Hungarian soup recipesBalaton fisherman's soup 1. (Balatoni halászlé)
Danube fisherman's soup 1. (Dunai halászlé)
Szeged fisherman's soup 1. (Szegedi halászlé)
Chicken soup Ujházy style
Meat soup (húsleves)
Bean soup (bableves)
Hungarian bean soup with smoked ribs
Hungarian goulash soup
Hungarian goulash soup from the pot
Hungarian potato soup (krumplileves)
Lentil soup (lencseleves)
Rich man's soup
Sour cherry soup
More Hungarian RecipesCauldron recipes
Pörkölt (stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!