Famous Hungarian soups
Gulyas soup (gulyásleves)
Ingredients600 g bruisket or forequarter of beef
200 g onions
20 g sweet Hungarian paprika
1 tomato, 1 green pepper
Instructions1. Cut the meat in cubes, wash and put it into a saucepan, together with the chopped onions, paprika, salt and a little water.
2. The onions may be fried first. Let it simmer.
3. When the meat is almost tender, add the potatoes, cut in cubes, and sufficient water to make the required quantity.
4. Simmer again until the meat in tender.
5. Before it is quite done, add the sliced tomato and green paprika.
6. Make a dough of about 200 g flour, one egg and a pinch of salt. Roll out very thin, cut into small squares and boil in the soup for a minute or two before serving.
Very good soup.
VersionWith lot of potatoes, or with other meats.
More Hungarian soup recipesBalaton fisherman's soup 1. (Balatoni halászlé)
Danube fisherman's soup 1. (Dunai halászlé)
Szeged fisherman's soup 1. (Szegedi halászlé)
Chicken soup Ujházy style
Meat soup (húsleves)
Bean soup (bableves)
Hungarian bean soup with smoked ribs
Hungarian goulash soup
Hungarian goulash soup from the pot
Hungarian potato soup (krumplileves)
Lentil soup (lencseleves)
Rich man's soup
Sour cherry soup
More Hungarian RecipesCauldron recipes
Pörkölt (stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!