Csolent, sólet, shalet
Csolent (solet) 2.
Ingredients1 kg white bean
1 kg smoked meat
2 large onions (chopped)
5 cloves of garlic
1 tablespoon paprika
2 spoonful of goose fat
3 bay leaves, salt
Instructions1. Soak the beans and the meat at the previous night.
2. Put all of the ingredients into a large fireproof jar.
3. Add water and salt only if necessary, do it, which depends on the meat.
4. Enough water to to cover it.
5. Boiled over very low heat cook for 3-4 hours.
6. This can be done in oven, or stove flame as well.
Cold & hot Jewish recipesCsolent 1.
Hungarian baked chicken liver
Hungarian baked goose liver strips
Bread with goose fat
Canapes with goose liver
Cold cut platter #3 (Jewish style)
Sandwich with goose liver
Cold herring roulade
Goose salami #1
Stuffed duck crop
Roast goose breast
Stuffed goose neck
previous recipe next recipe
IdeaCook in csolent 3-4 washed eggs.
More Hungarian RecipesCold egg recipes
Tea sandwiches, canapés
Valentines day recipes
How to cook for kids
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!