Famous Hungarian appetizers
Jellied fisherman's soup (Kocsonyázott halászlé)
Ingredients2,5 kg fish
1 hot paprika
Instructions1. Fillet the fish.
2. Boil the bones in 2,5 l of water, seasoned with onions, a very little garlic, parika and salt.
3. Boil till the onions go to pieces.
4. Strain the stock into a saucepan, add the fish, cut into ca. 50 g pieces.
5. Boil for ca. 15 minutes. There must not be too much liquid or it will not jelly.
6. Lift out the fish and put the different kinds mixed into dishes.
7. Pour the wellseasoned and strained stock over them.
8. Place in the refrigerator to jelly.
More Hungarian soup recipesBalaton fisherman's soup 1. (Balatoni halászlé)
Danube fisherman's soup 1. (Dunai halászlé)
Szeged fisherman's soup 1. (Szegedi halászlé)
Chicken soup Ujházy style
Meat soup (húsleves)
Bean soup (bableves)
Hungarian bean soup with smoked ribs
Hungarian goulash soup
Hungarian goulash soup from the pot
Hungarian potato soup (krumplileves)
Lentil soup (lencseleves)
Rich man's soup
Sour cherry soup
previous recipe next recipe
ServingWith toastbread, or baguette.
More Hungarian RecipesCauldron recipes
Pörkölt (stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!