Famous Hungarian soups
János Garaczy (Tanyacsárda Lajosmizse)
Goulash from the pot (bográcsgulyás)
Ingredients700 g beef shoulder
100 g smoked bacon (lard)
200 g onions, 50 g garlic
10 g gound caraway seeds, 20 g salt
1 chilli pepper
1 kg potatoes
100 g green peppers, 50 g tomatoes
1 portion of small dumplings
20 g sweet ground Kalocsai paprika
Instructions1. Dice the meat.
2. Grease a large cooking pot and place the beef bone at the bottom and cover with layers of pieces of meat and diced onion.
3. Place the caraway seeds, crushed garlic, fresh peppers and tomatoes on top of the meat and onions.
4. Put half of the chilli pepper in before cooking, and add the other half when the dish is half cooked.
5. Cook on a low heat and after cooking for a few minutes add the chopped potatoes and gound paprika.
6. Add the celery leaves and boil until the potatoes are almost cooked before adding the small dumplings.
More Hungarian soup recipesBalaton fisherman's soup 1. (Balatoni halászlé)
Danube fisherman's soup 1. (Dunai halászlé)
Szeged fisherman's soup 1. (Szegedi halászlé)
Chicken soup Ujházy style
Meat soup (húsleves)
Bean soup (bableves)
Hungarian bean soup with smoked ribs
Hungarian goulash soup
Hungarian goulash soup from the pot
Hungarian potato soup (krumplileves)
Lentil soup (lencseleves)
Rich man's soup
Sour cherry soup
previous recipe next recipe
ServingServe while very hot.
More Hungarian RecipesCauldron recipes
Pörkölt (stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!