Famous Hungarian soups
Chicken soup Ujházy style
Ingredients3 kg chicken meat
300 g carrots
200 g parsley root
100 g celery
100 g kohlrabi
100 g mushrooms
100 g onions
200 g cauliflower
150 g greean peas
3 garlic cloves
1 belly pepper
a bunch of parsley
30 black pepper seeds
Instructions1. Wash the chicken and cut into parts.
2. Prepare the vegetables for cooking.
3. Put the meat parts in 3 liter of cold water and bring the water in boil.
4. Take a spoon and get the skim off the top of the soup while it's boiling.
5. Now put carrots, parsley root, celery, peas and onion.
6. Add garlik cloves, season and salt.
7. Cook covered about 1-1,5 hours at moderate heat.
8. When the chicken is tender cut the pieces of meat into strips.
9. Strain the soup and slice the vegetables thickly.
10. Sprinkle with chopped parsley leaves.
11. Serve the soup with meat, vegetables and noodles.
More chicken & poultry recipesCanapes with goose liver
Cold chicken breast (natural)
Cold chicken breast (paprika)
Cold chicken breast (parsley)
Florentine Chicken Breast Steak
Goose salami #1
Hungarian baked chicken liver
Hungarian baked goose liver strips
Marinated chicken breast
Roast duck breast
Roast goose breast
Sandwich with goose liver
Spanish chicken legs
previous recipe next recipe
ServingServe with soup pasta.
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)