Famous Hungarian recipes
Christmas honey cookies
Ingredients1 1/4 lb flour (sieved)
2 oz butter
3/4 cup honey
1 tsp baking soda
3/4 lb sugar
1 tsp vanilla.
Instructions1. Work togeter the flour, butter, sugar and baking soda.
2. Beat 4 eggs thoroughly, add honey and mix well with flour mixture.
3. Place the mixture into the refrigerator for a night.
4. Roll dough about ca 1/8 inch thick and cut with cookie cutters, or take about a teaspoon of dough and flatten for each cookie.
5. Place cookies on greased cookie sheets/pan, about 3 inches apart.
6. Beat the remaining egg and brush over cookies.
7. Bake the cookie at 450 degrees for about 7 minutes.
8. Decorate each cookie with icing or add one half almond, walnuts, or chocolate chip in the middle of each cookie.
Serving:See the picture!
More Christmas recipesBalaton fisherman's soup 1. (Balatoni halászlé)
Canapés with double salmon rolls
Canapés with salmon
Cat head sandwich with caviar
Cat head sandwich with salmon
Christmas potato salad
Cold cut platter #3 (Jewish style)
Cold cut platter #4 (Jewish style)
Cold herring roulade
Crab canapés 1
Danube fisherman's soup 1. (Dunai halászlé)
Hungarian baked chicken liver
Hungarian baked goose liver strips
Jellied fishermans' soup
Szeged fisherman's soup 1. (Szegedi halászlé)
Cold egg recipes
Hungarian salad recipes
Tea sandwiches, canapés
Main site (index)