Cooked sausage products
Black pudding with rice 1.
Ingredients1 kg pork lungs
3 kg rice
1 kg pork fat (different lard sorts)
1 liter fresh pork blood
1 tsp ground black pepper
1 tbsp ground marjoram
3 bay leaves
Instructions1. Make a stock with water, salt and bay leaves.
2. Cook the lungs and the lard in stock.
3. Cook the rice in stock and let it cool.
4. Cut the onions in small cubes and roast in fat until golden brown.
5. Mince the cooked lungs and fat sorts.
6. Combine all the ingredients and knead well by hand.
7. Pour the mixture into sausage stuffer and fill into natural pig casing.
8. Make the whole casing before you tie them into links.
9. Cook the sausages in pot of hot water (use the former cooking stock). Cooking temperature: 90 degrees Celsius, cooking time: 30 minutes. 10. Remove them gently, dry out for an hour.
OriginCounty Zala, Hungary.
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order