Cooked sausage products
Liverwurst Györköny style (Györkönyi húsos hurka)
Ingredients5 kg pork head meat
1 kg pork skins
20 g pork kidney (prepared)
20 g pork liver
20 g pork tongue
500 g onion
200 g salt (120 + 80 g)
60 g ground black pepper
50 - 60 g Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
100 g garlic cloves (crushed)
10 g pork fat
Instructions1. Make a stock with 10 l water and 120 g salt.
2. Cook the head meat, kidney, liver and tongue until tender.
3. Cut the onions in small cubes and roast in fat until golden brown.
4. Cut the meat ingredient into small strips.
5. Combine all the ingredients and knead well by hand.
6. Pour the mixture into sausage stuffer and fill into natural pig casing.
7. Make the whole casing before you tie them into links, or 200 mm liver sausages.
8. Cook the liverwurst pieces in pot of hot water (use the former cooking stock). Cooking temperature: 85 degrees Celsius, cooking time: 45 - 60 minutes. 9. Remove them gently, dry out for about an hour.
10. Enjoy cool.
OriginVillage Györköny, County Tolna, Hungary.
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order