Fresh sausage products
Christmas sausage (with dried plums)
Ingredients4 kg ground dry pork meat
500 g ground pork butt
500 g dried plums (without stone)
300 ml red wine (dry)
100 g sweet Hungarian paprika powder
20 g fine black pepper
50 g fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
100 g salt
Instructions1. Soak the dried plums in red wine overnight.
2. Cut the soaked plums into 1 cm cubes,
3. Combine the ground meats with the other remaining ingredients (Add the red wine too!).
4. Stuff into natural pig case (for this quantity use a piping bag!).
5. Tie about 20 cm double pieces.
6. Smoke slowly 3 days time.
NoteThe recipe is a tipical Christmas sausage in Hungary.
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order