Smoked sausage products
Debreziner sausage (Debreceni kolbász)
Ingredients8 kg middle-finely ground pork meat
2 kg pork fat (middle-fine ground)
110 g Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
25 g ground black pepper
50 g fresh garlic cloves (crushed)
250 g salt
Instructions1. Cut the meat into dice and pass through a middle fine meat mincer.
2. Ground the pork fat (middle-fine).
3. Then add the garlic, salt, Hungarian paprika powder and ground black pepper.
4. Knead well by hand.
5. Fill the mixture into natural pork casing (lenght 10-12 cm).
6. Smoke the sausage slowly 1,5-2 days time.
7. Storage: keep the Debreziner sausage in the fridge.
Consumption1. Cook the Debreziner sausage and enjoy with mustand or horseradish.
2. Cut the sausage into rings and bake it with eggs (Debreziner omelette).
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order