Cooked sausage products
Liverwurst Gipsy style (Cigány májas)
Ingredients300 g pork neck
500 g pork liver
500 g pork lungs
300 g onion
120 g pork fat
15 g ground black pepper
1 TBSP marjoram
3 garlic cloves (crushed)
200 g salt
Instructions1. Make a stock (about 4 liter Water and 3 TSP salt).
2. Cook the neck, liver and the lungs until tender.
3. Let it cool and mince it.
4. Cut the onions in small cubes and roast in fat until golden brown.
5. Combine all the ingredients and knead well by hand.
6. Pour the mixture into sausage stuffer and fill into natural pig casing.
7. Make the whole casing before you tie them into links.
8. Cook the liverwurst pieces slowly in pot of hot water (use the former cooking stock). Cooking temperature: 90 degrees Celsius, cooking time: 30 minutes. 9. Remove them gently, dry out for about 1-2 hours.
10. Smoke the liverwurst about 48 hours long.
Ideas- Enjoy cold.
- Cut into rings and put into bread slices. Decorate it with blue onion rings.
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order