Famous Hungarian recipes
Ingredients900 g flour
250 g butter
200 ml melted honey
100 g margarine
300 ml milk
250 g sugar
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp ginger powder
1 tbsp baking soda
Instructions1. Melt and mix the margarine, honey, sugar and spices on low temperature, then add milk.
2. Mix the baking soda with flour, then adding it to the previous mixture, knead until you get some nice homogenic dough.
3. Put it in the fridge and leave it there for one day.
4. Sprinkle some flour on a pastry board (to prevent the dough from sticking) and spread the dough on it, approx. 4-5 mm thick.
5. Use a sharp knife or cookie cutters to cut out shapes from the dough.
6. Bake them until they are light/golden brown.
7. Spread beaten egg over them while they are still warm.
ServingSee the picture!
Sweet recipesAlmond-apple strudel (Mandulás-almás rétes)
Apple strudel (Almás rétes)
Apple tart Arad style
Apricot dumplings (Barackos gombóc)
Carnival doughnuts (Farsangi fánk)
Christmas honey cookies
Gundel pancakes (Gundel palacsinta)
Kaiser schmarren 1 (Császármorzsa, smarni)
Kaiser schmarren 2 (Császármorzsa, smarni)
Kaiser schmarren Vienna style (Bécsi császármorzsa)
Marzipan balls with walnut
Pancake with apricot jam (Baracklekváros palacsinta)
Pancakes with curd (Túrós palacsinta)
Poppyseed strudel (Mákos rétes)
Plum dumplings (Szilvás gombóc)
Walnut pancakes (Diós palacsinta)
Walnut strudel (Diós rétes)
More Hungarian RecipesHow to cook for kids
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!