Famous Hungarian recipes
Plum dumplings (Szilvásgombóc)
50 g (2 oz) butter
plums or damsons
Instructions1. Boil six mealy potatoes and rub them through a hair sieve.
2. Add the butter, eggs, salt and as much flour as they will adsorb (not too much). The dough must be about the consistency of rétes dough.
3. Roll it out and then cut it into squares big enought to hold a plum.
4. Stone the plums and fill the cavity with sugar and cinnamon.
5. Form a dumpling of each square.
6. Drop them into boilinghot salted water and cook till done, then drain.
7. Roll the dumplings in breadcumbs that have been browned in butter or lard, sprinkle with sugar and serve.
NoticeSprinkle the dumplings with cinnamon sugar.
Sweet recipesAlmond-apple strudel (Mandulás-almás rétes)
Apple strudel (Almás rétes)
Apple tart Arad style
Apricot dumplings (Barackos gombóc)
Carnival doughnuts (Farsangi fánk)
Christmas honey cookies
Gundel pancakes (Gundel palacsinta)
Kaiser schmarren 1 (Császármorzsa, smarni)
Kaiser schmarren 2 (Császármorzsa, smarni)
Kaiser schmarren Vienna style (Bécsi császármorzsa)
Marzipan balls with walnut
Pancake with apricot jam (Baracklekváros palacsinta)
Pancakes with curd (Túrós palacsinta)
Poppyseed strudel (Mákos rétes)
Plum dumplings (Szilvás gombóc)
Walnut pancakes (Diós palacsinta)
Walnut strudel (Diós rétes)
More Hungarian RecipesHow to cook for kids
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!