Smoked sausage products
Paprika sausage (Erdösmecske style)
Ingredients5 kg pork meat (leg or shoulder)
2 kg deer leg
3 kg pork fat
20 g ground black pepper
250 g sweet Hungarian paprika powder (20 % hot)
80 g fresh garlic cloves (chopped)
250 g salt
Instructions1. Mince the two kinds of meat and pork fat (medium disc).
2. Combine the ground meats with the other remaining ingredients.
3. Stuff into natural pig case (form 55-60 cm lengt pairs).
4. If you find air bubbles in your sausages, prick the casings with a needle to release the air.
5. Leave them hanging in a cold place overnight.
6. Smoke slowly about 5 days time.
Note1. Do not dry out (thanks to the 3 kg of fat).
2. Erdösmecske is a Danube-swabian small village in Baranya county.
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!