Goulash, paprikash (pörkölt, paprikás)
Famous Hungarian goulash
Potato paprikash (Paprikás krumpli)
Ingredients1 1/2 kg (3 lb) potatoes
60 g (2,5 oz) lard
2 big onions
20 g Hungarian sweet paprika
2-3 green peppers
2-3 tomatoes or 100 g (4 oz) tomato purée
2 garlic cloves
300 g Hungarian paprika sausage
Instructions1. Heat the lard in a lange pan.
2. Add finely chopped onion and sauté until golden brown.
3. Peel the potatoes and dice in cubes, or cut into wedges.
4. Add the paprika powder and the potatoes.
5. Season with salt, turn the potato over with a wooden spoon, cover with a lid and cook for a minute or two. 6. Add two cups of water and cook covered about 10 minutes.
7. Add crushed garlic, green peppers an tomato quarters.
8. Remove the casing from sausage an cut into rings.
9. Add the sausages and continue cooking.
10. Serve hot with fresh bread and hot Hungarian paprika.
More Hungarian recipesCanapes with goose liver
Cold chicken breast (natural)
Cold chicken breast (paprika)
Cold chicken breast (parsley)
Florentine Chicken Breast Steak
Goose salami #1
Hungarian baked chicken liver
Hungarian baked goose liver strips
Marinated chicken breast
Roast duck breast
Roast goose breast
Sandwich with goose liver
previous recipe next recipe
GarnishServe with fresh crispy bread.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!