Oven baked recipes
Layered potatoes (rakott krumpli - mothers recipe)
Ingredients1 kg potatoes
180 g Hungarian paprika sausage
1 tbsp fat
1 tsp Hungarian paprika powder
1 tsp salt
200 ml sour cream
Instructions1. Boil potatoes with the skin on and let them cool down.
2. Boil eggs until hardboiled about 10 minutes.
3. Peel potatoes and slice them into thin slices (1/4 inch).
4. Peel the onion and slice them into thin slices.
5. Slice the paprika sausage into thin slices.
6. Sauté the onion rings in fat until golden brown and sprinkle it with paprika powder.
7. Peel hardboiled eggs and slice witd an egg-slicer.
8. Take a Pyrex casserole and layer the ingredients (potato - egg slices - sausage slices - onion rings). Sprinkle every potato layer with salt and sour cream (the last layer is potato with sour cream).
9. Push the casserole into oven and bake them uncovered at 200 Celsius about 50 minutes.
More Hungarian recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
previous recipe next recipe
NoticeServe with fresh bread and sour cream!
More Hungarian RecipesFish recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order
We wish You Good Cooking and enjoy the tasty result!