Fresh sausage products
Spicy sausage (Halimba style)
Ingredients7 kg pork meat (dry)
3 kg pork lard
300 g Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
120 g Hungarian paprika powder (hot)
60 g ground black pepper
20 g caraway seeds (crushed)
80 g fresh garlic cloves (crushed)
220 g salt
Instructions1. Refrigrate the lard and cut it into 1*1 cm dices.
2. Pass the meat through a middle fine meat mincer.
3. Add the salt, garlic, Hungarian paprika (sweet and hot), caraway seeds and the ground black pepper.
4. Knead well by hand.
5. Fill the mixture into natural pork casing.
6. Form pairs (lenght 40-45 cm).
7. If you find air bubbles in your sausages, prick the casings more times with a needle to release the air bubbles.
8. Smoke the sausage slowly until light red coloring.
NoteHalimba is a Danube Swabian village in Hungary (county Veszprém)
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order