Fresh sausage products
Spicy sausage (Városlőd style)
Ingredients6 kg pork meat (dry)
1 kg steg meat (dry)
3 kg pork lard
200 g Hungarian paprika powder (sweet)
150 g Hungarian paprika powder (hot)
50 g ground black pepper
50 g fresh garlic cloves (crushed)
220 g salt
Instructions1. Refrigrate the lard and cut it into 1*1 cm dices.
2. Pass the meat through a middle fine meat mincer.
3. Add the salt, garlic, Hungarian paprika (sweet and hot), caraway seeds and the ground black pepper.
4. Knead well by hand.
5. Fill the mixture into natural pork casing.
6. Form pairs (lenght 35-40 cm).
7. If you find air bubbles in your sausages, prick the casings more times with a needle to release the air bubbles.
8. Smoke the sausage slowly until light red coloring.
NoteVároslőd is a Danube Swabian willage in Hungary (county Veszprém)
More pigkilling recipesFresh sausage 1
Fresh sausage 2
Fresh sausage 3
Fresh sausage 4
Fresh sausage 5
Fresh Hungarian sausage 1
Fresh Hungarian sausage 2
Garlic sausage (fokhagymás kolbász)
Sausage with caraway (köményes kolbász)
Dry smoked sausage #2
Fathers smoked sausage #1
Goose salami #1
Hungarian paprika salami
Hungarian head cheese 1.
Hungarian head cheese 2.
More Hungarian RecipesSausage recipes
Pörkölt (Hungarian stew) recipes
Main site (index)
All recipes in ABC order